Ontario Model Railway Show and Event Calendar 2022-23
- TO SHOW ORGANIZERS: I am happy to provide this page as a contribution to the hobby, but I DO RELY ON YOU to let me know about your forthcoming event, and any subsequent changes. If you don't see your show listed, please do get in touch with me and I will be glad to add it.
Updates and corrections are in your interest, and are welcomed.
- TO ENQUIRERS: If you need more info or want to book a table, PLEASE CONTACT THE SHOW CONCERNED. I only list the shows!
- For year-round/seasonal events/displays, toy, hobby and collectible shows that include trains, please scroll to the bottom of this page.
- For general information; disclaimer; changes of location, names, dates and times - please scroll to the bottom of this page.
- Burlington Model Railway Club Open Houses and Viewing Sessions
- Canadian Railway Historical Association (CRHA) - Niagara Division: Monthly Wednesday Meetings & Sharing of Railway Images. St. Catharines, Ontario Museum, Lock 3, 1932 Welland Canal Parkway. Meetings start at 7:00 PM and conclude at 9:30 PM.
- Elgin County Railway Museum (St. Thomas, Ont.) opening hours and special events throughout the year.
- Golden Horseshoe Live Steamers (Hamilton, Ont.) "public run days" and events open to the public
- Guelph Historical Railway Association. All meetings are at the Co-operator’s Building, 136 MacDonell Street, Guelph ON N1H 6P8. Ring buzzer by the door and say “Here for the Railway Meeting”. Meetings are held on Monday evenings 12 months of the year and start at 7:30 pm. Info: Steve Host (519) 836 -7186 or (paste into your email program) Steve@Hotovsky.net
- Guelph Model Railroad Society Information on open houses, and opportunities to join the club.
- London Model Railway Group Schedule of Open Houses and Events
- Niagara Railway Museum has shows and events throughout the year.
- St. Jacobs & Aberfoyle Jct. Model Railway - Year-Round Schedule
- Toronto, Hamilton & Buffalo Railway Historical Society has Spring and Fall meetings.
- Upper Canada Railway Society - Hamilton Chapter holds monthly meetings (7.30 pm) at the Peoples Church, 510 Mohawk Road West, Hamilton, ON L9C 1X4 on the LAST Thursday of each month (except July and August). For more information please contact Bryant Barbour at (paste into your email program) firstname.lastname@example.org or Ben Kalika at (paste into your email program) email@example.com).
- Waterloo Central Railway sponsors special events throughout the operating season.
- Windsor Model Railroad Club holds weekly meetings Tuesday 5.30 to 8.30 pm 2nd floor Market Square, 2109 Ottawa St., Windsor, Ont. N8Y 3K7.
- York-Durham Heritage Railway features special events throughout the operating season.
CHANGE of location/name/date/time/event:
The former Toronto Model Railroad Flea Market is now the Mississauga Model Railroad Flea Market.
The former Brampton Model Railway show is now the "Greater Toronto Train Show".
The George's Railview Model Railway Club is now the Railview Historical Society.
CURRENT (Apr 2022) and POST-COVID:
The Bowmanville Model RR Flea Market has moved to the Garnet B. Rickard Recreation Complex at 2440 Hwy 2.
The Guelph Model Railway Society has moved its annual show from Saturday to Sunday.
The Hamilton-Ancaster Model Train Shows open at 9.30 am and close at 2.30 pm.
The Lindsay & District Model Railroaders have passed on their 2022 show, and will aim for 2023.
The Nottawasaga Model Ry Auction has moved to the Royal Canadian Legion, 490 Ontario St., Collingwood.
SHOWS AND EVENTS - GENERAL:
- This page publicizes mostly southern Ontario shows, but notices for shows elsewhere in Canada will be gladly accepted on request.
- All information is obtained from show organizers, show flyers, sponsoring club websites, Facebook notices, or from the Branchline magazine.
- All information is as "Errors & Omissions Excepted". While every care is taken, no responsibility is assumed for errors or unreported changes.
- The situation re COViD-19 remains somewhat variable, but please check and respect the current requirements of the event/meeting that you plan to attend.
- Updates, additions and corrections are welcomed.
- All events require children to be accompanied by an adult.
- Shows usually open between 9.30 and 10 am, but those for Open Houses, Flea Markets, Meets, Auctions and Tours may vary.
- In the case of two-day shows, the Sunday closing time is shown, but in the case of some two-day shows, the Saturday hours may be an hour or half-an-hour longer.
- Mobility access:
Model railway shows are usually held in a public building, i.e., an exhibition/community hall or a school. For public buildings, mobility access is as prescribed by law.
Some shows, meetings, flea markets and open houses may be held on private property, e.g., in a church hall/basement or club quarters.
Similarly, layout tours are by definition in private homes.
It is recommended that you use the contact information provided with each event to ascertain what restrictions may apply.